Friday, October 1, 2010

JC Penney Home

I got the October Better Homes and Gardens edition in my mail yesterday.  Well, who knows how long ago I actually got it because we are horrible about checking the mail around here.  We don't even have the excuse that it's one of those neighborhood mailbanks - we have our own mail box.  We just never remember to check it (and quite often there's nothing good in there anyway, so why bother?). 

Anyway, I wasn't super inspired by anything.  Thankfully it's a free subscription because I used  MyCokeRewards.com points.  It never fails that if I get a subscription to a magazine, they tend to not put out any content that I'm crazy about.  But if I don't have a subscription, I'm constantly pulled to it in the grocery aisle and sometimes end up forking over $4-5 for one issue.

They had an interview with Michael Walters, a San Francisco stylist, about his go-to sources.  I liked that they divided each category up into "Smart Investment" (i.e. Super Expensive), "Good Value", and "Budget Buy."  Twice he mentioned JC Penney as being a good budget buy.  So I thought I'd check it out.

I haven't shopped at JC Penney in ages.  My mom goes all of the time because they constantly send her $10 coupons in the mail - only they're $10 off of anything - no limit - so she'll buy something for $10.50, pay the overage and walk out.  This happens like once a month.  I signed up for their mailing lists, but only received $10 off of $50 coupons and the like.  So jealous.

Anyway, you're crazy if you think I actually went to a JC Penney store and looked around.  All the good stuff is online anyway.  Here's a few of my favorite home goods.  The prices are pretty spectacular because they're having a home sale, but quite honestly, it seems like they're always running that sale.

Linden Street Adjustable Bridge Wall Lamp

I've been in love with this sconce for a while.  It's big and very Pottery Barn looking - but check out the price - $54.99!!!!  That's incredible.  I love that they're plug-in - perfect for renters like us.  Unfortunately, I don't have a good place for them in my house.  How about your house?



Scalloped Mirrors
These mirrors are adorable.  Perfect for a little girly glam.  I'm not completely sold on the ribbon, but you get the set of 2 for $19.99 - so plenty cheap enough to change that out.


Wood Accent Bench
This bench is just about perfect - simple and slightly rustic - but could work well in almost every decor scheme.  $59.99!

Have you found any delightful deals at JC Penney lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment